June has come and gone, and I’ve left my little city in the north. It’s exciting to see old friends and enjoy the vibrant London life, but I do miss Scotland.
I started my summer job this month, which means I have two 40-minute commutes to devote to reading each day. Consequently, it’s been a good reading month and a not-so-good writing month. I’ll need to figure out how to rebalance my time management for the summer. Of course, as soon as I figure it out, I’ll be heading back to uni, but… I’m excited to keep working, learning, and improving!
- Death Note: Black Edition, Volumen I by Tsugumi Ohba (script), Takeshi Obata (drawings), Marc Bernabé (translation, Spanish)
- Living the Dream by Lauren Berry (Out July 6, 2017!)
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- The New Rules of Work: The Ultimate Career Guide for the Modern Workplace by Kathryn Minshew and Alexandra Cavoulacos (4/5)
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (4/5)
- Living the Dream by Lauren Berry (3/5)
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang (2/5)
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman (1/5)
I’m still working my way through…
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie
- Economics: The User’s Guide by Ha-Joon Chang
- The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
- Dubliners by James Joyce
- Review: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
- DNF Review: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Futures in Publishing: The Changing Landscape of Contemporary Fiction
What’s your favourite thing you read this month? Your favourite thing you wrote? Let me know and I’ll go check it out!